Benefits of Worm Castings
To Purchase Worm Castings Now, Click Here!
Our Worm Castings are Organic and Lab Tested 99% Pure!
Worm castings (a.k.a. worm manure, vermicompost, or worm excreta) are rich in plant nutrients, trace minerals and growth enhancers, and incorporating castings into the soil significantly increases microbial life in the root zone. Worm castings are extremely beneficial in that they stimulate plant growth more than any other natural product, enhance the ability of your soil to retain water, and also inhibit root diseases such as root rot. The humus in worm castings removes toxins and harmful fungi and bacteria from the soil. Worm Castings therefore have the ability to fight off plant diseases.
One of the best benefits of worm castings is you can use as much as you want without the fear of burning tender young plants as other fertilizers are known to do. Unlike other animal manure and artificial fertilizers it is absorbed very easily and almost instantaneously by plants. The amazing thing is, that while the nutrients are easily available they are at the same time naturally endowed with a slow release feature, causing the nutrient benefits to last up to 2 months! This benefit is put in place during the digestion process of the earthworm. As the organic matter passes through the alimentary canal of the worm, a thin layer of oil coats the material, later eroding over a period of 2 months. The best of both worlds, immediate and long-lasting benefits! Ordinary composts do not have this benefit, they are placed in the garden to enrich the soil and plants, the available nutrients are quickly leached into the soil as soon as rainfall occurs or irrigation systems are turned on. Vermicompost provides a time-released benefit, slowly nurturing the plants over a greater length of time!
Another natural benefit of worm castings is the ability to fix heavy metals in organic waste, which prevents plants from absorbing more of these chemical compounds than they need. The compounds can then be released later when the plants need them. A natural protection for plants set in place by the Creator!
You need only use a small amount in or around your house plants, heirloom vegetables and flowers, as the humic acid in worm castings are able to stimulate plant growth, even in low concentrations. Humic acid also stimulates the development of micro flora populations in the soil. The miracles of the earthworm are easily seen in the beautiful growth and yields of your plants. Extremely dark and rich in texture, tests on worm castings have shown the nitrogen content to be 5 times greater than ordinary topsoil, the phosphate 7 times greater, potash 11 times, and magnesium 3 times. Castings will not burn even when applied directly to the most delicate plants. Definitely the finest soil conditioner available. Great for use in your entire heirloom garden! Completely odor-free and 100% organic! Use for indoor plants, and heirloom container gardening, as well.
All these benefits of Worm Castings and more:
- Worm Castings improve the structure of soil.
- Worm Castings increase drought resistance.
- Worm Castings can reduce irrigation cost up to 50% by retaining moisture in the soil.
- Earthworm Castings may be applied to phosphate sensitive heirloom plants.
- Worm Manure promotes beneficial microbial activity that result in healthier plants.
- Worm castings help reduce algae in greenhouses, ponds & lagoons.
- Earthworm Castings cause no ground water contamination.
- Worm Castings reduce the carbon in the soil and increase the nitrogen levels in a state that plants can more readily & easily use.
- Worm Castings are completely safe to use around children and pets.
- Worm Castings have no harmful chemicals.
- Earthworm Castings are 100% non-toxic.
- Worm Castings will never burn your heirloom plants, no matter how fresh they are, unlike other animal manures.
- Worm Manure helps draw out toxins, harmful bacteria and fungi from the soil.
- Worm Castings help prevent extreme pH levels.
- Nutrients found in Worm Castings last up to 6 times longer than the nutrients found in ordinary potting soil.
- Earthworms act as a natural filter, filtering out any impurities, chemicals, etc. leaving their castings 100% organic.
- Worm Castings are a perfect organic and natural fertilizer with naturally balanced, high levels of minerals and nutrients for your heirloom garden.